Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Big Hats & Sweet Tea Debut Party




























What fun we had on Saturday, June 6, at the Big Hats and Sweet Tea Debut party for Only You! The weather was beautiful, lots of friends and family came to join in the celbration, and the coconut cake and sugar cookies by Scartlett were fab as was the sweet tea by Donna Gennoe. Of course, in no time at all, we were all in a sugar coma!












I am going to upload some pictures. If I were better at doing captions, I could tell you who everyone is, but since I'm caption challenged, I will just tell you some of the stories about what happened and the about the fabulous hats. Most had their own story!












Janene Satterfield, aka Dixie Ferguson, and Donna Gennoe were the hosts. They did the food and decorations and did a wonderful job. The security were my husband (Fred) and my son (Ethan). They looked very nice all dressed up and official in their dark glasses.












In attendence were my mother-in-law, Wilma Davenport. She looked lovely in a brown blouse and mathcing skirt. Her shoes and purse were fabulous! Barbara and Sarah Gillespie stopped by to taste the goodies and get a book, but then they had to dash. My new friend, Jennifer, from my bible study group came in a lovely straw hat decorated with hibicus from her garden. She looked lovely. Megan Pray was a vision in black and white with a complementary black hat.












Blount County Commissioner, Wendy Pitts Reeves, arrived in style in a 2-door red sports car wearing a gorgeous lime green blouse and black trousers. The pastor of Beech Grove Baptist Church, Kenny Armstrong, and his lovely wife Beth stopped by on their way back home from a wedding. You know, I named the Baptist pastor in Angel Ridge after my pastor.












Jane Connatser wore basic black and white, but not having a hat, we had t supply one for her as you can see in the group photo. Donna Gennoe wore beige on white with a matching straw hat decorated in pink accents. Her mother, Sue Reynolds, also looked lovely in black and beige. Donna's daugher, Emily--or is it Brianna this week?--wore white and lime with a very pretty straw hat.












The music was provided by my dear friend, Jan Taylor, how set the mood of the day, which was definitely southern, by playing the lap dulcimer. David Ratliff, who have known since he was a baby, look dashing in blue. The last to arrive, but certainly not the least, was my friend Beth Eason, who looked gorgeous in an ankle-length black and white dress with a white, sleevless sweater.












Kay Macero wore a long, very southern looking dress. Her hat was purchased just before the event at an estate sale. She embelished it with purple flowers. I wonder what other stories that hat could tell?












And we can't leave out the fabulous Dixie. True to form, she stood out oin a multi-colored dress in lime gree, black, white, and yellow. Her wide-brimmed straw hat with big flowers was the perfect topper.












Me, I wore coral and fushcia with the most amazing shoes who were given to me by my dear friend, Valerie Gibbs of Austin, Texas. They were four-inch wedge heels with orangle leather ankles straps and floral appliques. The at has coral with a fuschia sequined scarf and while flowers.












I'd love to hear the attendees comment here their impressions of the event. It was like a fairy tale for me. So much fun with good friends, good food, wonderful weather, amazing music. For those who atteneded and for the others who wanted to come but could not, it meant more to me that you could ever know.












DGS

1 comment:

  1. So sorry this post spaced out the way it did. I tried to insert the photos in the text, and this is what it turned out to look like!

    Oh, well... You get the idea!

    DGS

    ReplyDelete